September 22, 2010

Southern Sushi

I like sushi. I'm not very fancy with the sushi I like though, as I just started getting into it. My sister attempted to make me eat eel once and it was an epic fail. I stick with the crab, salmon, and SOMETIMES tuna. However, in Tennessee there is this wonderful thing.

Deep fried sushi.

My favorite sushi restaurant has it and I tried it once and don't care to go back to "regular" sushi. The fish is still raw, it's just warmed up a bit. The rice is EXTRA crunchy because it's...well...fried. It's just wonderful in every way possible. However, I feel bad when I am eating it. Sushi is supposed to be healthy. I go to a sushi restaurant thinking I'm going to have a pretty decent, healthy meal. Deep frying said meal takes away all nutritional value! But it's just so yummy!!

What do I do about that? You may think it sounds gross, but once you've tried it, it's very hard to not love it.

1 comment: