September 13, 2010

Can Santa Fit Mimosas In His Bag?

I’m in between jobs right now, so I only have old stories to tell.

Sorry!

So it has been a sort of Tudor Family Tradition to have mimosas on Christmas morning during present opening/breakfast. We like Christmas at the Tudor house. It’s generally a good day.

I have been waiting for the Christmas mimosa for YEARS. I wasn’t allowed to have one because I wasn’t 21. My sister had been 21 since I was 13! It wasn’t fair! So last year was my first Christmas as a 21 year old. I had told everyone at school that I was finally going to get my Christmas morning mimosa. It was my time. I was a big kid now. I was So. Excited.

I ran downstairs on Christmas morning very excited. When the present giving was done, I would have my prize! Everything was going as normal, the dogs were getting in the way, biscuits were cooking, my parents were generally annoyed that I had woken up at eight AM and demanded that the morning start (I used to wake up that early on my own, now I set an alarm on purpose).

However, we had one small problem. I woke up Christmas morning and there was no mimosa. My sister couldn’t come to Christmas because cancer wouldn’t take a holiday (very rude of the disease, I might add). After presents and breakfast I looked around our wrapping paper covered living room and asked my mom where the mimosas were.

“Casey isn’t here! If everyone isn’t here we aren’t going to have mimosas.”

I sat at the kitchen counter with my mouth open for a little while and decided I would make my OWN mimosa. We usually have a random bottle of champagne lying around somewhere!

Too bad there wasn’t any orange juice.

All I have to say is that I better get a Christmas mimosa this year. 22 years of waiting is quite long enough, thank you.

And no Casey, I do not blame this on you. Don’t go there.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Lord. I will make you mimosas starting at midnight on Christmas Eve. Promise.

    ReplyDelete