August 8, 2010

Creative Cooking

Sometimes I start cooking things before I check for all of the ingredients. I don't particularly like to cook because I'm terrible at it, so I just throw things around like an idiot. Today, that led to an interesting dinner.

I decided to cook the spinach tortellini I've had in my fridge for the past two weeks. Buitoni is truly a God send. Now you may think that pasta would be difficult to complete. You clearly don't know me. I threw the pasta into the boiling water and set my microwave timer for the usual 8 minutes. It finished boiling and I had to creatively use a plate over the top of the pot to get rid of the water (I keep forgetting that the last strainer I had was my roommate's...and I never think about needing one until it is way too late). I open the fridge to retrieve my tomato sauce and...it's not there. I threw it away because it was old. Darn it.

I look in the fridge and realize that I don't have much to put on this pasta. String cheese won't work. Neither will chocolate pudding. However, I have some of that yogurt butter spread and laughing cow 35 calorie soft cheese wedges. That could...possibly be good...and a low fat sauce, right?! Right. So I melt a tablespoon of the butter with the cheese in the microwave and stir...it's kind of thick but that shouldn't bother me too much.

I put it over my pasta and give it a try. It's delicious. I am a genius!

The odds of one of my made up recipes every being delicious again are slim to none. However, I will always remember the day that I made pasta sauce out of laughing cow cheese.

3 comments:

  1. I thought I should let you know that I just bookmarked your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should have gone with the chocolate pudding.

    ReplyDelete