January 20, 2011

I'm Actually Smart...

People don't listen to me. Like...seriously, most of the time I know what I'm talking about and people REALLY don't listen to me. Customers that come and lecture me about something on our menu that isn't made the "right way" (aka the Starbucks way...which is really not the right way, they burn most of their espresso drinks and their macchiato is a LIE) just make me mad. Being a Barista isn't like my dream job or anything, but I still know what I'm talking about.

Friends that ask me for advice generally don't listen to me either. I'm right...just go with that thought. ;D

The other day my boss' husband swung by the shop to drop off some stuff/fix a pipe that was broken. While he was there he was trying to put a new mop head on our mop. I watched him as he got out the pliers and started BANGING on the mop in an attempt to get it to separate...but it wasn't working. I picked up the directions and held them to him.

"Kelly...it says you need to push that handle in and then pull to the left."

"Right." He decided to turn it over and bang on the other end instead. "This thing is always so difficult."

I stared at him for a moment, throwing an apologetic look to anyone that had to walk by and deal with the noise. "Yeah it might be easier if you push that handle in...and pull to the left."

"No I don't need to do that" He said as he pulled the hammer from the drawer.

"Kelly, these are the directions."

"Jordan why don't you go dump the water bucket, okay? I'll fix the mop."

FINE. Fine. He banged on that stupid mop for twenty minutes and then when he finally got the old mop head free, it took him another ten minutes to get the new mop head on because he would not read the directions. While doing this, he broke off part of the mop and stared at me for a moment. "You girls don't use this part anyway, right? It's just a sweepy thing."

"No, Kelly, it's okay that you broke it."

"I didn't break it, you just don't need it on there."

I do not understand. Banging on something with a tool does not make it work. He left and I just laughed...we must have looked ridiculous. Here's this grown man banging on a mop with some pliers and a hammer and a puzzled looking girl holding the directions and trying to get a word in.

After he was gone, I pushed the handle in and pulled to the left and the mop head came right off. I am a genius. By the way I have to be awake in six hours. WHY AM I BLOGGING INSTEAD OF SLEEPING?

I like to type in all caps sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment